Dane had his two month appointment yesterday. I have a great picture of him, head held high, looking around, but alas, blogger is having problems uploading my picture so I'll have to add it later. His stats were 13 pounds 11 oz. (exactly what Ms. Anna Bauersfeld was) and 24.5 inches long. He seems so big but upon comparison he is 1.5 inches shorter and a whole pound lighter than Nathan was at this age. I don't remember Nathan being super chunky but I'm sure that's because he was so long. Dane was 85th percentile for length and 75th for weight. If you read Jenny's blog you will see that Anna was the same weight but in the 95th percentile. That's because they expect baby boys to be bigger from the beginning. We learned this after comparing percentiles between Nathan and Aubrey.
ANYWAYS, he was a complete show off, beaming and cooing the whole appointment long. When the doc put him on his stomach he acted like a six month old, steady head held high, looking everywhere. He obviously wasn't excited about his shots but he's doing okay with them. He has been snuggly and sleepy which I actually kind of like. Aubrey was sweet too. All the kids were at the appointment with me and I had warned them that Dane was getting shots and probably wouldn't be happy about it. Aubrey said, "Mama, just don't forget his silky blankie and his binky. Also, I will hug him and nuzzle him." Our little boys already have two moms. :-)
Expect pictures soon!
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Dane's 2 month update
Posted by Sara Jones at 1:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
How funny that they were exactly the same weight! I didn't realize that the percentiles were different based on their gender...that doesn't seem fair, it's going to give Anna a complex. :) I'm glad to hear that the appointment went great and that he's feeling okay after his shots. And little miss Aubrey is just so sweet...those boys are lucky to have her as a big sister!
Post a Comment