In our house it is a toss up who I see more, Nathan or Ironman. I think Ironman is ferocious and strong and mighty, as I tell him many times a day, but I still obviously don't play the Ironman game right. Here is a sample of a daily conversation with my son's alter ego.
(Nathan, walking out in his well worn Ironman costume.)
Me: "Whoa, Nathan, looking good!"
"NO. I am not Nathan, I am Ironman."
"Oh, right, sorry. Ironman, you look so tough today!"
"MOM, pretend you don't know who I am! Pretend to say, 'Who are you?' "
"WHO IS THIS IN MY KITCHEN?? ARE YOU IRONMAN?!?" (Said with great feeling and super hero worthy emotion.)
"MOOOOOOOMMMMMM, pretend you don't know who I am!"
"Who are you?"
"I am IRONMAN."
"Ironman, you are awesome, I'm so glad to meet you."
"NO, that's not right. You don't know if I'm a good guy or a bad guy. Say, 'Are you a good guy or a bad guy?' "
Sigh. "Are you a good guy or a bad guy?"
"A good guys. Mommy, pretend you don't know what's on my hands. Say it. Say, "What's on your hands?' "
"Ironman, what's on your hands? They look so powerful."
"You don't know if they are powerful. Mom, you don't these things. You aren't a super hero. Say,'What's on your hands?"
"Whoa, what's on your hands?"
"REPULSOR RAYS!!"
"Repulsor rays, they must be very powerful!"
"NO!! Ask me what they do, ask me like this, say, "Ironman, are they powerful?"
"Ironman, what do you do with your repulsor rays?" (Said with less feeling.)
"BLAST WHIPLASH!! Mommy, pretend you don't know who Whiplash is. Pretend you are afraid of him. Say it like this, say, "WHO IS WHIPLASH!?"
"WHO IS WHIPLASH?!"
"NNOOOOO, not like that, like this, "WHO IS WHIPLASH?!?!"
"Ironman,can you please tell mw who Whiplash is."
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, pretend to say, pretend to say.................."
Are you tired of this conversation yet? Frankly, so am I. But don't tell Ironman, he might blast me with his repulsor rays.
Sunday, February 13, 2011
Ironman
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
laughed my head off through this one! ;)
Patience is definitely a virtue. You have it, Sara!
I'm not sure when I laughed so hard, I had to quit a couple of times to de-blur my eyes from the tears and then would pick up where I left off. Boy do I love my Nathan, he's a one-man entertainment crew.
I'm crying I'm laughing so hard.
This made my day, and brought a tear to my eye by all the laughs! Gotta love imaginations!
Post a Comment