Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Pictures a plenty









This is mostly a picture post because I was a little camera crazy this weekend but here are some of the funny things coming out of my kids mouths lately. Or the funny things I say because my kids are crazy. Or because I am just going crazy.

When Aubrey gets startled she likes to say, "HEY, you scared the bejabbers out of me!!" I have adopted that one. She also asked me if she could have more chores. Man, I do related to that oldest female child of mine! She started a new art class and makes amazing drawings for all of us. Her understanding of dimension far out paces mine. She is reading like crazy and read a whole page of "Ramona the Pest" to us. She seems so big these days, she is such a cool kid.

Nathan has had an attitude lately and recently had all his pennies taken away for two days for lying to me. (The kids get four pennies a day, each worth 15 minutes of screen time. He lied about drilling a hole into their new dresser with a pen. That's another story.) He has been full of anguish the last two days as his siblings skip on down to watch their daily Phineaus and Ferb. I was feeling kind of bad for him and said I would play a game with him. He said, "No, but can daddy come home from work and play one with me?" Sigh. It is endearing though how much he loves his daddy.

Dane is hilarious. He talks a mile a minute and says, "mommy, mommy, can you get me some milk, mommy, mommy, I need some milk, mommy mommy...." I finally asked him to call me Penelope just so he would stop saying MOMMY all the time. He thought I was nuts. He also drug my favorite blanket into our room this morning, telling me to close my eyes like it was a present, and when I opened them he said, "Look mommy mommy, it's your blanket! i brought it in for me and Daddy and Johanna." Once again, mom is chopped liver. Oh, and the stinker broke a $100 standing wrought iron candle holder yesterday at Hobby Lobby. That's another story.

Johanna is coming up on 9 months old. She is now playing peek-a-boo, refuses to feed herself much of anything, says, DADADADADADADADA all the time (what is it with that guy?), looks like a gerbil when she drinks out of her sippy cup, loves to suck on her very own tooth brush, scoots all around in her own special sit-hands and knees-sit-pivot-belly flop sort of way, and arches her back when I bring her into her room for nap time. She is so smilely and adores her siblings. LIfe is not too hard for our pampered princess. Or Princess Pampers if you like.

Enjoy the pictures!

6 comments:

Jules said...

Boy does that baby look like her mama! So many cute shots of the kids. And of course I enjoyed getting the background on all the stories too, never a dull moment huh.

hannah105 said...

Brett was just complaining about how you hadn't put up any new pictures in awhile! I'll have to let him know you're back in business. Plus, my gorgeous nieces and nephews look SO BEAUTIFUL so I'm sure he'll be pleased :-)

Larson log said...

Yeah updates! I am so glad you share the Downton Abbey obsession. The guy who plays "the limp" is also in North and South by PBS which is worth watching!

Can't wait for fall

Jenny said...

Love this post! I've been dying to see new pictures, so thank you! I can't get over how big Johanna is getting...and so so adorable! That first picture of her is my favorite. :) The stories about each of your kids were great. Makes me really miss you guys. I'm ready for a Jones' fix!

Angela said...

YIPPEE! have been anxiously awaiting pictures. Adorable as I expected they would be! LOVE the stories. I can very much relate to each one...probably because I have a child each age! :)
Can't wait to get my Jones fix in...TWO DAYS! :)

Jules said...

By the way, Dad and I are always so impressed with how you and Greg hold your kids accountable and carry out their punishments. It is NOT easy and I think half the time it's harder on the parents than the kids but they are better kids because of the lessons they learn from you. GOOD JOB!!!!