Nathan, our curious question asker, asks a constant stream of "what if" questions. He is sincere in the asking but grows frustrated by my answers. My excuse? THEY ARE UNANSWERABLE. I always make an attempt at a real answer, in an effort to not squash his curiosity, but one mom can only reserve a small percentage of her brain for such conversations. And Nathan? You need to know that my mind is always engaged in the simultaneous effort of figuring out an idea for dinner, a better way to teach double digit subtraction, that Valentine's Day needs my attention, where did I put my phone/keys/glass of water/Johanna, and have I scheduled the latest well child appointment. There is only so much I can do.
Below, a sample of true "what if" questions, courtesy of Nathan.
What if a chimney looked like a castle? (?????)
What if you were the slowest driver ever? What if you didn't know how to speed up?
What if dragons were really extinct instead of not real?
What if you liked basketball as much as Daddy? (I answered, "You'd never get a hot meal during NBA season.")
What if for my birthday you gave me a surprise party but I wasn't surprised and I cried?
What if I had ten small toots instead of one giant toot?
What if I could never get clean, even in the bath?
What if I was older than Aubrey?
Tip of the iceberg I tell you. TIP OF THE ICEBERG.
Wednesday, February 1, 2012
The "What If" Game
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I believe you would benefit from the wise counsel of the dad in Calvin & Hobbes.
:)
Hilarious! My personal favorite is the toot one. :)
Seriously though...how in the world do you answer those random questions??! Funny boy...he must be exhausted at the end of the day with his mind working that hard all day!
Funniest questions EVER! By the way, I deleted my first comment because there were so many spelling and punctuation errors you would have thought Johanna had submitted it.
Post a Comment