Thursday, January 26, 2012

Daneisms, part 2

In the car today, getting lunch:

"Mom, you know that picture of me where I'm on top of a mountain and I'm making a face like this?" (Imagine a scrunched up nose, squinty eyes, and a cheesy grin.)

(I have no idea what he is talking about.)

"Yeah Dane, I think I know the picture you are talking about."

"Don't you think I look like a guinea pig?"



Later that same day....

Dane runs out, in the middle of the day, in his pajamas.

"Dane, why do you have your jammies on?"

SIDE NOTE: I am tired of my kids changing their clothes multiple times a day because everything ends up dirty and I end up averaging three outfits per kid to wash each day. So no, I was not over reacting. SIDE NOTE ENDED

"Because they are so warm and snuggly."

"Dane, I want you to go and put your clothes back on, you can wear those to bed tonight."

"BUT MY CLOTHES AREN'T AS SNUGGLY ON MY RUMPUS!!"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can relate to the clothes-changing thing only with Grace.

Evan could not care less either way.

My older boys, on the other hand... I'm tired of them NOT changing their clothes. They would be perfectly happy wearing the same thing from shower to shower if I didn't notice. (And sometimes I don't!) Oh, the joys of being homeschooled and not having to dress a particular way if we're not going anywhere. :)

Jules said...

Oh my gosh I love that kid and the things he comes up with. Still one of my favorites is his distaste for his scribbly blankets.