This morning a friend invited us to head to a local park and let our "big kids" (3 year olds) practice riding their bikes on the basketball court. Because I am a mother/nurse/paranoid woman, she isn't allowed within 3 feet of her bike without a helmet. On the way home from our head injury free outing she asked me why she has to wear a helmet. I explained in simple terms about big owies on heads, very sad mommies and daddies, and insurance deductibles. (Maybe not the last one.) She paused for a moment and said, "I think Nathan should just wear a helmet when he's on a bike and when he's not on a bike." I had to laugh out loud because that is the absolute truth! I guess Greg and I aren't the only ones who have noticed that our little boy seems intent on a concussion before he is 2. Things in our house that are not safe for small boys include the stairs, dining room chairs, dining room table, beds, any toy over 6 inches high, all living room furniture, and two cats.
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Thanks for the help with my "friends" list. You guys look great and I can't wait to see you in a couple weeks.
I still need your #.
Post a Comment