God never intended people to parent alone, of this I'm sure. Greg is out of town for most of this week for work and I'm here. ALONE. To be honest, I think the anticipation of his departure was worse than the reality. I have been stewing over this since I found out the middle of last week. And guess what? Today was fine. We played, did errands, did chores, and all the other things that we do in a day. But here it is, 10:30 p.m., and I'm taking a break from paying bills and folding clothes to do a little blogging. For any single mother out there, it is true that their work must never be done. My days are always busy but in the evening when Greg is home things get done. One of us can manage the kids while the other one whips the house into shape, cleans dinner dishes, puts away four loads of laundry, and takes out the trash. Without my dear partner all that stuff had to happen after the kids were in bed. So here I am, 10:30, without a bedtime in sight.
Having said that, Greg is mostly missed because we miss his company. I love it when he comes home and we talk about our days and take care of our family together and fall asleep snuggled in each others arms. The kids miss their giant jungle gym, the best reader of "Where the Wild Things Are" and the best bedtime prayer guy around. So, even though he's handy to have around the house, we'll be glad to have our main guy home just because he's so nice to have around.
p.s. Who would have though Kansas would win it all? Not me, I had NC beating UCLA in the finals. Just this week I was telling Greg how annoying I find it that these guys can't seem to shoot free throws. Then the coach of Memphis said during an interview that he didn't really worry about free throws and trusted his guys to make them when it counted. And then Memphis lost because they can't hit free throws. HA! I tell you what, if my kids play basketball they WILL learn to make free throws. They are FREE for heaven's sake.
Monday, April 7, 2008
Single Mothers and other Saints
Posted by Sara Jones at 10:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
whoa, whoa, whoa, IF your kids play basketball? Maybe because Greg is out of town on business this week you have forgot. YOU ARE MARRIED TO A 6 FOOT 7 INCH BASKETBALL MACHINE! These children need to play basketball. Free throws you can worry about. I do. Someday Aubrey is going to be on the line with the game riding on the outcome. It is at this point that Greg and yourself can sit confidently in the stands knowing that unlike that college coach, you did worry about free throws.
Post a Comment