Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Not dead

But you kind of thought I was, didn't you?

Here's what's happening, in no particular order.

1. Four kids, six and under, is busy. In case you were wondering.

2. I am planning on home schooling next year. Go ahead, talk amongst yourselves.

3. Next week is a short week because it is Thanksgiving break. After that it's three more work weeks and then our entire family has two whole weeks off for Christmas. YEAH!!

4. I have already decorated for Christmas. We don't have our tree up yet but everything else is up. I don't care what you say, I love it, it't not too early, and it makes us all happy. I listened to a Harry Connick Jr. Christmas cd all morning. It might be time to boot up my Pandora Christmas play list.

5. In about 1 1/2 weeks Greg will begin his first venture into the coaching world. He will be a kindergarten/1st grade coach for the Upward League. His sweet daughter Aubrey "THE BOMB" Jones is on his team. Go dragons!!

6. We have gotten to hang out with so many fun friends lately. Dinners, play dates, baby-sitting friends, etc. Now Greg and I just need a date!

7. I turned 31. I didn't die but I do think the smile lines around my eyes are starting to not go away when I'm done smiling. I wonder if six years of no sleep has anything to do with that?

8. My mom played this funny little email joke, sending the same email over and over again about an article on brain fog, pretending that she kept forgetting she had already sent it. It took the fourth email for me to get the joke. Talk about brain fog!

That's about all you've been missing folks. That and I found out that my across the street, so awesome, 20 year old baby-sitter got a full time job. She has been watching my kids every Wednesday morning for two hours so I can do WHATEVER I WANT. I was bummed for me but she really needed the job. Then she told me that she works noon to 6 p.m. and would continue our once a week baby-sitting. HOORAY!!!! She thinks she is getting married and moving next summer but I have other plans for her. Good-bye marriage, hello living in my basement!

9 comments:

Jules said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I need an awesome, across the street babysitter!

Re: homeschooling, my multiple personalities talked amongst themselves, and we all think it's great! :)

Angela said...

as a fellow mom of 4 kids under the age of 6....i love this post.

Anonymous said...

I only intervene with my homeschooling friends if they start wearing denim jumpers or their son shows up in public with his pants up on his waist and five inches from the ground. You're okay for now.

Greg Jones said...

Angela Gifford, your comment cracked me up. No need to worry about the denim jumper during a school day, I save those for special occasions.

Jenny said...

Sara, loved this post. So much in fact, that I copied it. I thought with bullet points I could cut down on the length of mine...yeah, that didn't happen. Still long winded. :)

I'm excited for you to home school your kids! If we lived closer, I'd hit you up to just teach mine while you were at it. :) And I totally love the denim jumper comment as well. You're probably bringing out all of your Christmas sweaters too, right? Well, good for you...I'm anxious to hear more about your decision and what that's going to look like for you guys! Good for you.

Jules said...

Jeez Sara, no wonder you didn't understand my comment, I just read it back and it did NOT make sense. I really need to learn to proof read. I meant you could give her the same treatment Lianna's STUDENT gave to her all day.

And I meant to say "tell HER it's over-rated", not HE. For crying out loud, what a fiasco that comment was.

You do remember that I'm old though right?

KayLynn said...

Yay for Christmas in November! We've been listening to Christmas music for a couple of weeks now, have been watching Christmas movies, and are decorating on Saturday. Since we are gone for almost 5 days around Thanksgiving then 2 weeks at Christmas, I feel like I deserve to decorate early so I can emjoy it before leaving!!

Erin said...

This post made me laugh out loud. Too bad I'm reading it weeks late. Man, I only have 2 kids and can't seem to find time, how do you do it with 4?!! Love the idea of homeschooling! I've become fairly crunchy in my old age so I'm all for these sorts of ideas. :) It's getting my straight arrow husband on board that takes some fine manuevering. In regards to Christmas, I busted out all 12 of my Christmas CDs on October 31st and decorated mid November as well. I pronounce to the world I love Christmas time and start the season WAY earlier than many....lots of people think I'm crazy...whatever. :)

Hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving!!