Friday, December 17, 2010

Ride until we barf or bust

When you know people, the way I know people, you get invited to super swanky events. You know, play dates, birthday parties, and the occasional SUPER AWESOME INVITATION ONLY CHRISTMAS PARTY AT THE RIVER FRONT PARK CAROUSEL. I know, it might be tough for me to reenter normal society after an event like that.

Okay, it was really cool. It was hosted by some wheelchair vendors (seriously) for all the medical facilities they provide their services to. My awesome physical therapist friend Kat is on that short list and got us invited as well. They kids had a blast. Santa was there, taking pictures and handing out candy canes. There was a mountain of super nice swanky event caliber sugar cookies, any beverage you can imagine, and most importantly, as many rides on that awesome carousel as you wanted. Or until you barfed, which ever came first. Best part for me? It was all free. The kids had a blast. A BLAST. I wonder how many awesome people I will need to know to turn this into a family tradition?

Things on this old blog will be slow and quiet over the holidays so have a very Merry Christmas and a great new year. Enjoy your friends and family and may you too do something so fun that you too do it until you barf. (Like the way my mom and I eat 70 pounds of divinity.)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!








How's that for a title?

8 comments:

hannah105 said...

The kiddos look as adorable as ever! I hope to get a call in today to ask Aubrey about it, she was so excited to tell me on Friday about how she was going to see Santa! And speaking of Santa, he looks quite menacing in that top picture

Unknown said...

Fun! Next October you may want to skip your usual harvest party and return to the carousel for Summit Ridge's party. They rent it for the evening. :)

Angela said...

Wow that looked and sounded FUN!
Aubrey's hair is SO ADORABLE! Now, how bout a picture of YOURS? :)
Merry Christmas to the AWESOME Jones Fam!

tara said...

Absolutely love the pictures of the kids! They look so happy!

Jenny said...

Love the pictures Sara, and I LOVE Aubrey's hair! She had a lot cut off! It's very darling on her, and I'm sure it much more manageable for you! Looks like you guys had a wonderful night at the party...I just love Christmas!

Have a wonderful time with Greg off work and enjoy the family. Love you all.

KayLynn said...

Loved all the pictures and love the new family picture on the top too. And Hannah is right, I might have a couple of nightmares over scary Santa.

KayLynn said...

Oh, I didn't realize I was logged in under KayLynn's name, that comment was from me, mom, not KayLynn. This isn't KayLynn either.

Jules said...

Is it me yet?