Sunday, August 21, 2011

A yuppy family and their tent trailer

This summer we became the proud owners of a second hand tent trailer. We took it on its maiden voyage the end of June to Greg's family's annual camp out and gave it two very enthusiastic thumbs up. Real beds to sleep on! Water from the faucet! (Or, there would have been, had we remembered the hook up hose.) Heat at night! Plus, there is nothing quiet as sexy as a mini van with a faded paint job hauling a tent trailer. We are going to take it out again one more time this summer. We figured that twice in the first summer was a good goal with our young family and that we'll just get more enjoyment in the years to come.

Enjoy the camping pictures. We had a wonderful time and there were several moments, as our three older kids played with cousins or zoomed past on their bikes, that Greg and I looked at each other and said, "Is this getting easier??" Of course, now that I have said this, Dane will take a flying leap off the bunk bed and break both his arms. But still, life does seem easier these days. And happy.













5 comments:

Unknown said...

We love our secondhand tent trailer! Fun times. :)

Angela said...

I want one too. the end
p.s. dane looks more grown up every day...even if that picture was from june!

Diane said...

Sara, We remember all the great years we had with TWO different tent trailers....Kids loved them!!
Good basic camping...and you're right a "bed to sleep in".

Jenny said...

We will own one of these jems in the near future...I'm wearing down Dane, I can sense it! :) Most of my favorite memories from childhood include our awesome tent trailer and camping. You can even get a port-a-potty for them! :)

Jules said...

I loved seeing all these pictures as they were all new to me.