Monday, March 9, 2009

Different kinds of awesomeness

This is what the Jones family is like.

Aubrey loves reminding her brothers that she is oldest, there for, most awesome. (As a fellow oldest child, I relate to that feeling of greatness.) Yesterday she told Nathan, "I am older than you. I am taller than you. I am bigger than you. I am 4 1/2 and you are only 2. AND, I wear a size 5 clothes. AND, I wear a size nine shoe. (No matter that Nathan wears the exact same size.) AND (wait for it), I AM THIRTY SIX POUNDS!!!!!" Poor child with her under developed sense of self esteem.

Greg has a black beanie hat that he wears all the time. Last night our friend Roth told him that it makes him look like he's going to hold up a Walgreens. I think he looks hot in it. It makes me wonder if that's my tiny way of imagining I'm married to my own smoldering bad boy. He does look a lot like James Dean.

It is dumping snow on us right now. The family mantra is, "NO MORE WINTER!" Repeat as often as necessary for health and happiness.

Dane refuses to be an innocent bystander in this family anymore. He is a person! With opinions! And a doozy of a fit! He flopped on the floor today in the kitchen, wailing, signing please, and alternately pointing furiously at the counter. He had spied the remains of bad news brownies.
While reading the kids a story before nap time today, Nathan pointed to one of the pictures and said, "Uncle David is like Santa Claus." The book was about The Little Red Caboose. The pictures was of a "big black engine, puffing and chuffing." David, what are your thoughts?

It's 1:30 and I haven't showered yet. I keep thinking I'm going to get a work out in. The decision I'm at now is whether or not showering is even worth it at this time of day. If you stop by, I'm guaranteed to look shlumpy and unbathed.

1 comments:

KayLynn said...

It's only natural that Nathan relate me to Santa, after all the words that best describe me are: fat, furry, and jolly. I'm also not surprised that when making the Avi-Santa analogy, Nathan pointed to a picture of a "big, black engine" considering that I'm often mistaken for a sassy black man.