Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Farewell

We have been without internet for weeks. I have nearly died. It's related to a closing date that kept getting pushed back and pushed back. We were nervous to do much of anything until the money was in the bank. THANK THE LORD we officially closed today. What a relief. We went to the old house and said good-bye yesterday. Reread my "We're outta here!" post. I believe I said something about being completely unemotional about the move. I lied. I cried my eyes out at the other house as I walked from room to room. I might have been a little pregnant hormonal. Still, there's been a lot of life in that house and it was so weird to see it go.

Next project: make the new house our home and get some memories here. I think Mojo ought to do a little of both.

5 comments:

Brittany said...

Welcome back!

I'm glad you cried. I will too when we leave this house.

Here's to many many more years of great memories and living in your new place.

Unknown said...

I still get twinges whenever I drive by our old street. But I definitely wouldn't go back. :)

I did this layout about how I felt when our house sold: http://www.writeclickscrapbook.com/photos/no_children_allowed_march/mkaiserman_march-1.html

KayLynn said...

Glad the sale went through! Sorry you're sad. I'm even a little sad to think of that house being gone so I can imagine you really are! There were lots of good memories in that house but there will be even MORE in this new one! Can't wait to see the new Jones Home!

Matthew said...

ditto to kaylynn's comment. maybe i'll get to live in this new house at some point too? like matt and i could lose our jobs and live in your basement for a while? ok, maybe your days of housing your sisters get to be over in the new house!

here's to your new home becoming what grandma and grandpa's home has become!! ...and you'll pull out pictures one day to show the grandkids what your "first" house looked like!

Jules said...

I assumed the tears would eventually come. I think for a while you were so swamped with all the work put into getting moved that you didn't have time to grieve. It was a nice house, served you well and brought a lot of great memories, just like this one will. We can't wait to come and stay with the kids next weekend, we are so looking forward to it