While our Christmas/New Year festivities are far from over (we are celebrating next Tuesday with Greg's whole family when his sister and her husband make it into town), we have had enough fun to warrant a blog. We spent both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with Greg's parents. We enjoyed fondue on Christmas Eve and a traditional Christmas dinner at our house on Christmas Day. Our kids will think we are Jewish because we have turned this holiday season into about 12 days of celebration. They have opened presents seemingly everyday and will continue to do so through next week. Santa came to our house and Aubrey was thrilled because not only did he get her exactly what she wanted but he also ate up the cookies we left and the reindeer gnawed away at the carrots. Nathan was most impressed with the match box cars he got and we all had fun zooming them across the floor. Christmas and kids is a magical combination.
Friday, December 28, 2007
Merry Christmas!
On their way back home from Montana, my whole family spent the night here last night. More celebrating! We each opened another gift, had another big meal, and stayed up too late talking. I also decided that in the gift department I was deeply regretting the MagnaDoodle we got for Nathan. You know, one of those screens you write on using a magnetic pen? Who would have thought that both children would love it with an unending passion and that I would spend hours of every day mediating whose turn it was to use it, how much sharing should be required, and how on earth to hide the dang thing so I could get some peace . I am seriously contemplating buying a second one, just to preserve my sanity.
On a side note, yep, still pregnant. Measuring HUGE. Big enough that the doc once again brought up another ultrasound and the possibility of induction. I am NOT IN FAVOR of an induction but need to stop measuring so stinking enormous if I want to avoid that conversation. I will be 39 weeks at my next appointment and I think more decisions will be made then. In the meantime I am large, crabby, and done done done done done. I have never measured this big with any of my pregnancies and we are all predicting a large baby. Let's all say a little prayer for a 2007 baby!
I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas and the time spent with family. Happy New Years!
Posted by Sara Jones at 9:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a great holiday you're having! The kids look so happy, too. I totally agree when you say Christmas and kids is a great combination. So much fun!
And, you kept mentioning how big you're measuring, but you look GREAT! I must admit--I'm excited for the Jones Five to be official. ;-)
XOXO
Merry "late" christmas! I looks like you are having a great time. I also have kids that LOVE the magna doodle. I say get another one, this is not a passion that will die out quickly-I promise.
I love the new pictures Sara! Your kids look so adorable, as usual. :) I'm glad that you guys are having such a wonderful Christmas/New Year so far. Still fun stuff to look forward to! I've got to agree with Tara..you look wonderful! I know you feel huge, but if it's any help, you look really great. I must say though...seeing the picture of you sitting on the floor with a big belly, makes me feel very happy that I'm not pregnant anymore. Just a few more days for you mama! I'm going to call you soon! Love you.
Post a Comment