Friday, February 29, 2008

A few more things

I meant to add a few things to the end of the last post and forgot, so here is a brief post script.

A) I'm getting a mother's ring! Greg and I had gone to a jeweler downtown early last fall and designed something but never followed through with it. Well, a few weeks ago Greg told me he had gone back and had all the stone ordered and it was now official. I guess it's more appropriately a family ring because I had all five of our stones put in it. It's a white gold split band with the stones set into the band. I also chose to have a blue topaz put into it instead of my typical ugly pee yellow stone. I'll take a picture and post it when it is finished next week.

B) New drapery! Five years in the making and we are finally replacing the hideous vertical blinds in our house. We ordered Roman shades for our front main windows, horizontal wooden blinds for the kitchen window, and simple curtains for both sliders. They are coming in piece by piece over the next couple of weeks. That will also be picture and post worthy.

C) Antiquities pictures are back! They are a photo company that my MOPS group has hosted in the past. They are the ones that take the cool old fashioned black and white pictures. MOPS took a year off from this particular fundraiser so Aubrey is the only one of my kids to have her pictures taken by them. Well, they are back this year so tomorrow I am taking all three kids to have their pictures done. PRAY that they smile beautifully and behave because I would love to have some good shots. Oh, and in case you think I'm completely crazy, my mom is coming with me to the photo shoot.

D) For those of you who don't know, my kids are getting cousins! Greg's sister Julie is due with a little boy in July and my sister KayLynn is expecting a baby the middle of August. HOORAY!

E) Last thing. Dane's feet are doing great. He had a lower club foot rating today, when not splinted he is already holding his foot in a better position, and the PT said he looked "GREAT!" That is wonderful news.

Parting kid quote: While I was nursing Dane, Aubrey asked me, in all seriousness, which side was milk and which was water.

Favorite thing Nathan says: He is such a talker these days and he will walk up to me, smile and lift up his little arms and say, "Mama, pickee me up." Yes sir!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Okay, I got a huge kick out of the breastfeeding question that Aubrey had...what a funny girl! I love how little kid's minds think!

tara said...

Thanks for a fun-filled post! Yours are always enjoyable to read. Way to live up to "Keeping up with the Jones'"!! ;-)
I sent you an Austin Visitor's Guide--please let me know if you have trouble receiving it.
Also, can you help me by adding Mike as a viewer to your blog? Our computer defaults to his login so it always kicks me out on your site. I promise he's worthy of your invitation!! ~Tara

Jules said...

Sara, you HAVE to tell the story of what Aubrey said when we were trying to get the kids all ready to go get their pictures taken. I laugh every time I think about it. Never a dull moment with those grandbabies of mine. I also love that Nathan always says "NO WAY" to pretty much any question you ask him. What a turd, but in that precious sort of turdish ways.