Thursday, February 14, 2008

The gift of perspective.

Happy Valentine's Day! I hope that you are all enjoying a little extra lovin' from your loved ones today.

Greg gave me a gift certificate to a local spa for a manicure and a pedicure. It also was accompanied with the instructions that when it came time to use it I was to make a day of it: pair it up with a little shopping and a haircut. The idea that someday in my life I will be able to do something like that again was probably the best gift of all. Let's not kid around. Three kids in three and a half years is not for the faint of heart. I have had several moments, as I have with all our babies, where I have thought, is this really my life??? At it's best it's a moment of wonder, looking at the amazing family you helped create. At its worst it is despair that you will never sleep again, that your children will always be tantruming almost two year olds, and that you will never ever accomplish any task, start to finish, without interruption. Today was the latter for sure and it was nice to be reminded that in a few short months we will be able to get away for a date, that we will have evenings to ourselves again, and that Nathan, God willing, will have returned to being our sweet little boy and not the crazy bi-polar child he is right now.

I'm also hoping that life will fee more sane once we aren't at Shriners all the time. It is exhausting there all the time. Aubrey and Nathan have been troopers but everyday??? It's too much. The next two weeks we will be there twice a week and after that once a week for the rest of the year. It would be more efficient just to live out of our van, parked in the front space of the Shriner's parking garage.

Duty calls, my husband has been bouncing a hysterical baby long enough.

1 comments:

Jules said...

I tell you what Sara, and you can't tell Greg as he's obnoxious enough already, but you got yourself a good man. We REALLY like him (again, that's our secret). Kiss those wonderful babies for me and tell them granny loves them.