Thursday, February 4, 2010

Something

Something I like: Cherry Pepsi. Only 35 mg of caffeine per serving! Mojo has agreed that on occasion I should have some in a frosty mug while lying on the couch and moaning.


Something I don't like: Potty training. Today I amazed myself by saying for the 16th time, "Okay Dane, tell Mommy before you go in your undies okay? But good boy for trying!" Inside I was on the couch with Cherry Pepsi moaning. And cursing the digestive system.

Something I like: Already made date nights for Valentine's Day weekend. Two I tell you! Baby-sitting already set up, reservations made, the works. I hope to drown myself in buttery foods and hours of playing footsies. Come on, I'm pregnant and exhausted, you don't really think it'll get more sexy than that, do you?

Something I don't like: Every single thing I clean gets dirty again. All of it. All day, everyday. Including myself. SO INEFFICIENT.

Something I like: People magazine. Fine, I said it out loud. You know you like it too.

Something I don't like: Making dinner, especially these days. And by the way, Rachel Ray is only able to make dinner in 30 minutes because she can chop at warp speed and because she's not doing her dishes afterwards.

Something I like: Really good friends who don't judge my complaining and who I don't have to start the conversation off by saying, "You know how grateful I am and how much I love them and how I wouldn't change anything, but..." Nope, with these kinds of friends you start with, "Today is wretched. I probably won't survive." and end with, "I have to go, the little ingrates are up."

Something I don't like: Laundry. There must be a better system out there but I don't know what it is. Laundry is a rapidly reproducing rabbit that lives in every room of this house. That was a metaphor by the way, not a simile. (I threw that in so that you would remember that I have a college education and have from time to time been known for having a brain. )

It's 2:30 p.m., do you think that's too early to shower?

6 comments:

Angela said...

Once again thank you for making me feel normal. I share in your likes and dislikes...except maybe people magazine but I do watch a soap opera there I confessed it:)

Unknown said...

2:30 is far too early, girlfriend! Unless you have an appointment. Then it's acceptable. ;)

Jules said...

How is it you can make a miserable day sound hilarious. The part about not having to start your sentence with the flowery comment first to really good friends and you can end it with "the little ingrates are up" made me laugh right out loud. Boy do I remember those days well. I was offended when the U.P.S. men wouldn't pick you girls up even if I had postage on your forehead.

And Angela, you know I love you but come on, fess up, you do too like "People", how can you not. It's so chucked full of great gossip and garbage that always makes me feel better for being a middle class peon versus a high paid celebrity.

Jenny said...

Mmmm...Cherry Pepsi, oh I love you. You know what goes great with Cherry Pepsi? Tostitos processed cheese dip. Delicious. I think I could eat a whole jar now. And of course wash it down with Cherry Pepsi.

My mom came to visit last weekend and brought me a People magazine. It was the highlight of my day. :)

Angela said...

Well to be fair, I have never really read much of People magazine so I guess I can't say I don't like it, just maybe not familar...if it's full of gossip I could probably be persuaded! :)
JENNY, I have craved that processed cheesy crap dip with EVERY pregnancy! that's too funny. I think I might have to have some now, thanks a lot...I have to step on the dreaded doc scale friday! UGH

Anonymous said...

I've decided that in heaven I will have a big kitchen that we can all cook together in, but everything will be pre-chopped!