Aubrey had her first experience of seeing her teacher outside of the school. We were at Fred Meyer when we bumped into her preschool teacher. Aubrey looked thoroughly confused. As we walked away she said, "What was she doing here?" I told her she must have been grocery shopping. Aubrey paused and said, "But we don't have school anymore so she doesn't have any kids to buy food for." I said, "Well, she was probably buying food for her and her husband." Aubrey laughed out loud and said, "NO, that's not true! What was she really doing here?"
I remember being completely disoriented when I saw my teachers outside of their normal environment. I honestly think Aubrey still isn't sure what her teacher possibly could have been doing at a grocery store. I mean, the woman doesn't ever leave school, does she??
5 comments:
I TOTALLY remember being baffled the first time I saw my teacher outside of her classroom. I literally thought she had somehow escaped. That is just so funny!
Sara, that is hilarious. The second I read that title, I instantly thought of when I saw our 4th grade teacher, Mrs. Green at Safeway. I thought the exact same thing..."what is she doing here, and why is she not at school?"
Aubrey's comment to you made me laugh...like she didn't believe you for one second. :)
That's funny! Do you remember the old Calvin & Hobbes comic strip when he sees his teacher outside of school? Totally reminds me of that!
Oh yeah, my students would get odd looks on their faces, especially if I was wearing something as scandalous as shorts!!
Oh to see life from the eyes of a child. (((Precious)))
Post a Comment