So, I am curious as to what other people without AC do when their house is horribly hot. Today the inside of our house is registering 90 degrees and we/I are none too happy about it. We have hung out in our basement all afternoon but it has turned into a movie fest. Okay for one day but not all week. Any suggestions? Bear in mind that I have a 5 week old baby so hanging out in a pool all day isn't really an option. I'm thinking I may spend a lot of money at the play area in the mall. It has a ball pit, tunnels, slides, and sweet AC.
Oh, and may I add that nursing while your house is this hot it well, even hotter. Johanna ends a nursing session with what little hair she has plastered to her head and the crook of my elbow is dripping sweat. Elbow sweat, now there's a parting image for y'all.
6 comments:
Oh, girl, I remember that from our old house. You've probably already done these things, but a few tips are to open all the windows early in the morning while it's still cool(ish) and close them right before it warms up, keep all the curtains closed, and walk around your house scantily clothed. (Just enough to be appropriately modest in front of your children. The rest of the world doesn't matter since the curtains will be closed. ;) It also helps to put fans in front of open windows at night to pull the cooler air into the bedrooms.
I remember even sleeping in the basement when it was this hot. You could turn it into a fun little slumber party. :)
You are also welcome to come over to my house to hang out. We have sweet AC.
Elbow sweat, that is quite the image. Your camp-out in the basement tonight seems like a splendid idea. And remember, we have air conditioning so if you come Friday night you'll have 2 nights in a cool house. I'm not trying to influence you, I'm just saying. :)
Yuck! I'm so sorry Sara. Trust me...I feel your pain. We finally smartened up this year and bought an ac unit for our main level and it helps SOOO much. It's still hot as blazes upstairs, but at least we have cool places to go during the day.
I'm totally right there with you with the elbow sweat...mine is accompanied with boob sweat. It rocks. Stay cool, Spokane!
I like your idea of a van ride through dairy queens drive through! :)
are gymnastics places still doing open gyms this time of year?
Sara, miss you. Your daughter is beautiful, by the way! We also have no AC in our new house, but the trees help keep it closer to 80 than 90. Our house in Liberty Lake did not have AC when we moved in, and we used a portable AC, it wasn't perfect but better than nothing. The play place in the mall is great too :) Anyway, mostly just wanted to say hi!
Post a Comment