Sunday, June 19, 2011

You are still a baby until you learn to walk

Our sweet JoJo Beans, Johannanana, Jo, Johanninani, JuJuBe, JOHANNA, turned one yesterday. She earned herself four demerits for growing up so darn fast. And then gained them back again when she spent the entire day looking ridiculously adorable.

Short of her Aunt Hannah and Uncle Jason, Johanna's entire family on both sides was here to see her eat her first piece of cake and watch her wide eyes as everyone sang her happy birthday. She was a magnificent birthday girl, basking in the attention and rewarding everyone with crinkle nosed smiles. I am floored to think that my baby, MY BABY BABY, is one year old. She is such a beautiful little blessing and sometimes I think I might just dunk her in chocolate, spray on the whip cream, and eat her up she's so sweet. Our family wasn't complete until Princess Pampers came along. Johanna, you are loved beyond your understanding. And aren't allowed to grow a single centimeter more.










Let me tell you something Johanna. Just because you turned one doesn't mean you aren't my baby. Heck, from what I can tell you have signed yourself up to be MY baby for life. So there.

4 comments:

tara said...

Very precious!!! Glad it was such a great day!

Jules said...

Could the child be any cuter??!?!?!?!?? The answer, of course, is not. I love you baby girl!

Jenny said...

Yay! Looks like she had herself one heck of a birhtday party!! How great that so many people were able to make it for the festivities...it's too bad she's not loved more. :) Happy birthday sweet girl! And Sara, she is such a doll - seriously, she's looking like such a big girl!

Larson log said...

Time for your quarterly update, woman! :)