



We went on our annual adventure to Greenbluff this Saturday. My parents, KayLynn and David, Hannah, and her friend Kari all were in town for it as well. We picked out pumpkins, Aubrey rode a pony, the kids played in a farm equivalent of a sandbox (filled with dried peas), we ate polish sausages, and enjoyed the GORGEOUS October day.
We had told Aubrey that she could pick out her pumpkin and she hung out in indecisionville forever. She would roam the pumpkins, touch them softly, push them over, and keep going. Greg and I decided we would just have to pick one out for her and took our pumpkins and paid for them. At that precise moment she picked out this small, green pumpkin, far more reminiscent of a zucchini than a pumpkin, and fell in love. It was such a pathetic looking specimen that they just gave it to her. (Obviously, it was the Halloween equivalent of a Charlie Brown Christmas tree.) Nathan spent the whole time trying to pick up every single pumpkin. You know, the 40 pound variety that are taller than he is. Kids are funny.
Oh, and about hearts. Are Greg and I the only ones that love each other intensely 99% of the time and greatly dislike each other while playing games together?? We played hearts last night with KayLynn and David and it was as it always is; trash talking that turns mean, funny jabs that become personal attacks, sarcastic comments, and a general desire to poke the other person's eyes out. I hold firm that Greg is a terrible winner and a terrible loser, he thinks I'm a complainer that can't take the fact that he generally kicks my tail in all games. (Which is, unfortunately, quite true.) Our marriage only stands firm because we play games against, or with each other, oh, once a year.
p.s. Yes, the number of pictures for this post borders on the absurd.
Sunday, October 14, 2007
Greenbluff and hearts
Posted by Sara Jones at 8:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sara, it looks like you guys had a great time at Greenbluff. Okay...did Hannah seriously dye her hair BLACK??? At first, I was thinking "why did Sara take a picture of two strange girls?" Then I realized it was Hannah! Oh my word...
Jealous, I loved greenbluff!!
Post a Comment