Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A Haircut or a Homicide??



After deciding that Nathan's hair was ridiculously long, I decided to cut it. Twenty minutes later his hair had gone from ridiculously long to just ridiculous. I did a terrible job and it could only be salvaged by a professional. So, this morning we marched into "Great Clips" for Nathan's first real haircut. To say that he didn't behave nicely is putting it mildly. He was insane. He nearly needed a tranquilizer (as did I) to make it through. The tears and snot and drool flowed, even though he was being bribed with a sucker and a movie. Aubrey watched in horrified fascination. I don't think she'd ever seen another human being lose it quite the way Nathan did. The end result though is a very grown up little haircut that is stinking cute. I think I'll take him in for his next cut on his 16th birthday. And Greg can do it.

2 comments:

tara said...

Okay, so I know he looks a lot like you, but wow! I see a lot of Greg in him with his hair cut like that. So handsome!
Maybe he's destined to be a surfer with long hair that never needs cutting. ;-)

Jenny said...

Oh, he looks so grown up now! So, Dane is looking at these pictures and he said that Nathan looks a lot like Wayne. There was another picture that he thought the same thing. I see a lot of you in him!
I'm sorry that it was such a miserable experience...I'm kind of interested in seeing some pictures of the butcher job you did to him. :)
His first haircut...wow. What's next--his driver's license?