While I am not typically a baseball fan, Greg has sucked me into watching the playoffs, and now the World Series, this year. Who couldn't resist cheering for the Colorado Rockies when they swept the Diamondbacks? I took this good cheer and fervor into last night's opening game, thinking of my Rockies as the Little Engine that Could. The Red Socks are a hard team to root against but putting in a yell for the underdog can't be beat. Except that last night there wasn't ONE DARN thing to cheer for the Rockies about. We had TIVO'd the game and during the 5th inning, as the Rockies pitcher WALKED IN RUN AFTER RUN, I would cling to Greg's arm and screech, "Fast forward it, fast forward it!" It was agonizing. Greg can't watch parts of "The Office", he finds them too embarrassing, and that's how I felt about last nights game. Just make the pain stop! I was confident that any moment the phone would ring and it would be the Rockies bullpen asking if I could make a quick flight in to pitch. I don't think I could have been any worse.
I guess I'll watch again tonight but only if I have TIVO'd it so that I can race right through any truly miserable parts. I don't have a good feeling for Colorado. They were not a pretty sight last night.
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Too painful to watch
Posted by Sara Jones at 3:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sara, the second you mentioned Greg not being able to watch parts of "The Office" I was totally able to picture it! I can just see him hiding behind his hands and squirming in his seat...there are many times during that show that I feel the same way! I'm surprised you got sucked in baseball--I never thought that day would come. I'm not even watching it! :) Anyways, let Greg know I feel his pain with "The Office".
What's funny is that the parts that Greg probably has a hard time watching are Lance and my favorite parts!
I am also cheering for Colorado, although I have to say I haven't watched much of a game yet. TiVo would be great for me and sports--maybe once we have a chair, some tables, a few lamps, a treadmill, a new computer . . .
Post a Comment