Monday, November 26, 2007

Are you a guitar hero?

From the start of our trip to Yakima, Greg was set on getting his hands on the video game "Guitar Hero".  This was to be quite a feat being as my parents sure don't have that game, let alone a Play Station.  However, with the dedication of a karate master, Greg kept calling places, pleading with people, and eventually convinced a friend of Hannah's to loan us his entire system for the weekend, Play Station, guitar, and game.  It was an unbelievable hit with everyone, especially my dad.  On Friday night Greg and Dad stayed up until 1:30 a.m. playing bad 80's butt rock until Greg called it quits.  Dad said he was going to play one more song.  Mom found him the next morning asleep on the couch in the family room, fully clothed except for the shirt he was using for a pillow.  Come to find out the man stayed up and played by himself until 4:45 a.m., at which point he collapsed from exhaustion.  He got almost 3 hours of sleep that "night" and spent the next day decorating the house with Christmas lights in a sleep deprived frenzy.  He told Hannah he was going to tell her friend that we had lost the Play Station.  


I also put up a few pictures of the kids helping make Thanksgiving dinner.  I love watching memories being made.  We had a truly fabulous week.  Anyone else find this Monday hard to swallow???

p.s. On second thought, the pictures will have to wait.  The blog won't download them for some reason so I will try again in a bit.

4 comments:

Brittany said...

Oh wow, if anyone had said back in high school . . . .

Looks like you had so much fun! I love Thanksgiving.

Jenny said...

Sara, I think that is hilarious that your family was playing guitar hero all weekend...Dane and his friends LOVE that game as well! And I must admit...I can rock out pretty darn good myself. :) I showed Dane that post and he was really jealous that he missed out.

tara said...

I'm so lame...I've never played but I've heard so much about it. I can't understand the hysteria, but I'm sure there's a reason for it.
It looks like your holiday was full of family and fun--as usual! I love that you keep posting pictures, I feel like an addict always logging on to get my "fix." Ha!

Travis Meserve said...

It was good to talk to one half of the Jones team the other day. So I am back reading the blog.

We went to a David Crowder Band concert a few weeks ago. For one of his song's he actually hooks the guitar hero into the speakers on the stage and plays it while his band plays their normal instruments behind him. It was funny looking. Now that you guys are into video games, it looks like a Wii would be an appropriate gift for Aubrey (Greg) for Christmas.