Wow. This has been a long week. LONG. REALLY LONG. Greg has been in the midst of a deadline that should be, God willing, coming to a close tonight. I say tonight because the poor man is hoping to be home by 9 p.m., after leaving the house at 5:30 this morning. I did some calculations and have decided it's been a nearly 70 hour week for him. No surprise that when he works crazy hours, I feel like I'm working them too. We are all so anxious to have this week behind us. The kids miss their daddy, I miss my husband, my husband misses us, and we all miss our regular lives. Plus, at my doctor's appointment today my blood pressure was up, I've been having a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions, and I'm feeling generally worn out. We all need some rest! Greg has all of next week off but we aren't leaving for Yakima until Monday. Tomorrow and Sunday will be days of rest. Rest. I'm not sure we remember what that is. Here's to hoping that some mama and papa lovin', turkey, football, and time with family remind us.
Friday, November 16, 2007
TGIF
In the midst of this craziness, I have been trying to focus on the fact that we are looking forward to Thanksgiving and the things we can be thankful for. Things that come to mind are a job that lets me be at home with our babies, kids who crack me up everyday, a husband who, after 13 hours of work, walks in and changes a dirty diaper, a man who is the best snuggling partner EVER, a thermostat that I can set as high as I want and not worry that we can't pay the heating bill, and the security that comes with knowing that I really wouldn't rather be anywhere else in the world. After all this self reflection I asked Aubrey what she was thankful for. "My blue blankies", she said. (This, by the way, is what she's always thankful for.) "What else?" "Um, Nathan's green blankies?" To this Nathan ran and got his blankets and I got to hold both my babies on my greatly reduced lap with their respective color of blankies. And I thought about how I really do have room on my lap for three kids. Another thing to be thankful for.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Posted by Sara Jones at 4:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment