Monday, November 5, 2007

A case of the Mondays

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. We had a fantastic weekend and I woke up this morning bummed that it was Monday, my weekend was over, my house was a mess, and my back hurt from sleeping in one lousy position all night. I was grumpy and impatient and bratty. For no good reason! I sulked about all morning, pouty and cranky, sure that my laundry was breeding downstairs and that I'd never see my kitchen sink again. About that time Aubrey began talking about Halloween and all she had seen. She then exclaimed, "Do you remember the pelican I saw at Daddy's post office?" After some questioning I determined that she was saying, "Do you remember the SKELETON I saw at Daddy's OFFICE." It was so funny that I felt instantly better. Taking a nap this afternoon also helped. Greg telling me that he was bringing home my favorite gumbo and an ice cream cake for my birthday tomorrow helped most of all.

p.s. I just sent out a massive blog invite to all of my family. Sorry it has taken me this long, I have been too lazy to enter in all the email addresses.

0 comments: