My long suffering husband has knocked my socks off during this LONG period of illness. He is the only one hasn't gotten sick and he has been a MAN about it. Loving, patient, endlessly helpful, endlessly compassionate, endlessly endless. This all while his family has been endlessly needy, ill, and crabby.
This illness has such hang time and I can't seem to really get well. It's one tiny step forward each day and by nighttime I am feverish and cold again. My kids are as slow getting well as I am which means my days have consisted of mothering, not cleaning.
All this leads to a house that is over taking me and a laundry list of stuff I need to be getting done with the approaching Christmas season. Stuff I don't just need to get done, I want to get done. Yet, when?? All that anxiety and frustration fell on, you guessed it, Greg when he got home this evening.
You know what his response was? Not, "Sara, for crying out loud, what more can I do for you?" Not, "Um, when do I get a break? (The man really deserves one.) Not, "NO MORE, I CAN'T TAKE IT, RUN AWAY!" He went straight to phone, called him mom and said, "Do you care if I come over with the kids and spend all day Saturday at your house so Sara can do whatever she wants?"
I burst into tears, because it was the nicest thing he could have done for me. He is truly an example to everyone of being a servant to others. I cannot express how much I love him. Thanks Doug and Marian, you really raised an outstanding man.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Sorry ladies, I got the best
Posted by Sara Jones at 9:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
THAT'S MY BOY!!!!!
Thanks for taking good care of my sister, Greg!
Bravo Greg! What a wonderful man you are! Sara, I'm sorry you're having such a hard time shaking your cold. If it makes you feel any better I'm just getting started on a doozy of a cold myself. Whoo hoo. :)
Post a Comment