My kids and I tried out a fun craft this morning that I'd like to pass on.
Cinnamon Christmas Ornaments
1) Mix 8 oz. of apple sauce with 4 oz. of cinnamon. (You can use any ratio of this you like. This amount made 10-12 cookie cutter size ornaments.)
2) Stir into dough.
3) Divide into parts for each kid. (I had mine roll theirs out on wax paper). Use cookie cutters to cut out designs. Place each ornament on a cookie sheet. Poke holes in top to put ribbon through.
4) Bake at 200 degrees for 20 mins. (This is what the instructions said. Mine weren't close to hard after 20 mins. I saw another recipe that said you just set them out and let them dry over several days. Play around and find what works for you. I ended up baking ours for a lot longer.)
5) Put ribbon through the hole and hang. They smell awesome, we are giving ours away as gifts from the kids.
Happy Turkey week!
3 comments:
Sara, did you miss an ingredient? You only have applesauce and cinnamon listed and I don't think you'd be able to roll that. Is there something else?
Well, I've changed my mind, I guess with that much cinnamon it might become dough-like. I've seen ornaments like this before and they are great and smell heavenly.
we did this today...it was awesome!!! I plan on doing more because they turned out so well and it really was so very kid friendly.
Post a Comment