


When I take over a week off from blogging I feel a misguided responsibility to recap events.
"In Jones new today, Nathan pooped on the potty!"
"Sara Jones freaks out amount of stuff to do before Christmas!" (This is true and I am fighting back by making some hot cocoa tonight and sitting around with my family and reading the nativity story in Luke and a chapter from "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever.")
"Dane eats second crayon of the day!"
"Greg, master of will power, counts calories during the holiday season!"
"Aubrey takes a shine to coloring beautiful pictures, all in the lines!"
Ah yes, the holidays are upon us. Thanksgiving was glorious. We spent time with both sides of the family, eating eating eating, watching basketball, decorating our Christmas tree, seeing my sister Lianna and her husband Matt from Sioux Falls (yes, that is in the United States), opening gifts, and really getting in some good family time.
We also have kicked off the advent calendar season. The kids LOVE to turn over the day, remark on the pictures, and fight over whether the picture is a dove or a bird. (This happened today.) Nathan finally trumped that argument by stating the the bird, a poor, plain little guy, was a cockatoo. Aubrey seemed satisfied with that.
I do love Christmas and our house is a glory of decorations. We are once again trying to implement the tradition of reading "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" during the month of December. The kids are still too young and Nathan tends to wander off but Aubrey is paying better attention this year. Dane is happy to chew the ear off another board book while listening.
Hope you enjoyed the recent pictures. I am infusing my children with my love for Christmas and I think it shows on their cute little faces.
Cheers to you!
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Obligatory recap
Posted by Greg Jones at 1:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
AHHHH, such good kids (duh) and what a fun season!
AND I forgot to mention such ADORABLE kids!
Post a Comment