Monday, December 8, 2008

My addition to Saturday night

You blog spies (don't feel ashamed, I do it too) out there may already know that we got a unexpected chance to hang out with THE BAERLOCHERS on Saturday night. Angela posted about it and eluded to the fun and the mayhem. I wanted to add my two bits.

It really was a blast. Swimming and dinner and Cherry Pepsi and conversation equaled fun that only two families with three little children each can appreciate. You know things are good when one little boy teaches another little boy to lap water out of the hot tub because it's "hot cocoa". Nothing says good times like hot chlorinated water.

The part I liked best was that we all had fun. This is best because very few other people would have even appreciated the time, let alone enjoyed it. There was rarely two minutes of uninterrupted conversation, no lazy strolls through downtown, and certainly no slow chewing and digesting of dinner. What we did have though was shouted laughter over the sound of our kids' laughter, talking through a bathroom stall while kids were peeing, enjoying our dinner in a hotel lobby, kids that play together so well, and knowing that no one else was frustrated or irritated by the situation. It was what it was and it was good. Thank you Angela, Justin, Adam, Tyler, and Gracie for your awesomeness.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Thanks for the kind words. Can't wait to do it again and SOON!!!! :)

Angela said...

Oh yea and you forgot to mention the part where my other son taught your sweet little son how to jump from one hotel bed to the other! Bet ya can't wait until your next hotel stay! Your welcome! :):):):):) LOL! :)I LOVE it! :)

Jules said...

People with kids really have to hang out with people with kids, I learned that early on. We had many childless friends when you girls were little who were very sweet and patient and tolerant but I could also tell they were ready for us to leave when we did. Our few friends with kids were happy chatting it up even while changing a poopy diaper and it was glorious. You guys are lucky to have each other.