Friday, December 12, 2008

Inquiring Minds Want to Know

We took the kids to visit Santa in the mall. Undoubtedly, this is a thankless job for which you probably get paid little and endure every type of crabby, pants wetting, greedy kid around. I'm sure you don't have to actually love children to fake it for a few weeks each year.

STILL, our Santa looked like he was employed through a work release program. Pick up trash in orange jumpsuit at noon, let little kids sit on lap at 5. He wasn't plump or jolly and the kids sat in stiff silence on his lap. He didn't even muster up a "HO HO HO" or a "Your parents sure look like outstanding people."

I feel bad sounding so judgmental. I'm sure he's a good man who is working for a living just like anyone else. It's too bad that he has to represent someone so famous. It would have been like people lining up to see Angelina Jolie and getting me. Not bad, just mighty disappointing.

So, here's the question. If you took your kids to see Santa, who did he remind you of?

p.s. Mom, I tried to post pictures but blogger keeps giving me an error.

3 comments:

Jules said...

Bah humbug to that Santa! We ran across a few of those along the years and I even complained about one of them as he was so grumpy. If you agree to play Santa, well then, play Santa.

Jenny said...

What a disappointment! I completely agree with Julie...why sign up for it if they are going to be all scrooge-like while doing it. It's not like they don't know whats expected of them. Hopefully next year will be better. I can't wait to do that with Anna! She'll probably pull his beard off! :)

Angela said...

Well we had a very positive Santa experience again this year. We've visited the same Santa every year since we've moved to Kennewick. My mom's cousin is a photographer and they always do portraits with Santa at a local nursery, this Santa in particular was fired by the mall for "taking too much time with the children!" and these photographers snagged him! He seriously spent like 5 mins talking to the boys. He was great. They were scared to go and ended up LOVING Santa by the end. Bah humpug to the Santa you saw...what a bummer! I so totally agree, pick another job if you aren't JOLLY! :)