Monday, April 13, 2009

The easter bunny is not real

That's what Aubrey told me the day before Easter. She informed me that the Easter Bunny was just a person dressed up like a bunny. This is because she is terrified of mascots and could only reconcile herself to the idea of a bunny entering our house at night if she knew it wasn't actually a bunny but a person in costume. I asked her who the person was and she said, "Why would I know that?" Good point.

We hosted Easter this year and had a start to finish lovely weekend. My parents, Greg's parents, and my sister Hannah and her boyfriend Brett were here. I love how much more the kids understand about holidays each year and Easter was no exception. Aubrey was very serious during the telling of the Easter story. Nathan would wear a sad face and say, "Then Jesus died", and then put on a huge smile and say, "But then he came back to life!" Kids are so cool.

Enjoy the pictures!






Don't mess about with Ms. Aubrey "Annie Oakley" Jones.
Looking at the stars with Daddy. Totally candid. Totally angelic.
"Man, all that yoga sure has helped me sleep better."
Easter egg dyeing. A lot of fun. Not nearly enough newspaper.
I only have enough patience to hold my egg in the dye for .02 seconds.
This is serious work.
Look ma, I did it myself! Lunch!
Dane, channeling the Incredible Hulk. That egg was later dropped in red dye and looked like a decomposing eyeball. Much closer to Halloween gruesome than Easter purity.
This is not what the Easter bunny brought me. Hot damn, I sure wish it was!
The Easter bunny was quite generous this year.
This is what the Easter bunny brought me and I do NOT want Dane to touch it and I DON'T want to share it with Dane and it is MINE, not Dane's.

4 comments:

Brittany said...

I love how un-inhibited you are by messes. How fun that your kids were able to really dig in and get to work at dyeing your eggs.

Your family is precious and I miss you. It might be time for me to make a little trip to see you.

Jules said...

Sara, like Brittany I've always been so impressed by your utter disregard for enormous, gleeful, messes that your children make. I have seen you cheerfully clean up massive Play-Doh messes (which I always hated), baking messes after thoroughly enjoying a project with the kids (also something I never really enjoyed that much), rice, flour, oats and/or water messes on the floor if it made the kids happy. You are an incredible mother and I'm so proud of you. Of course I don't think Greg sucks as a father either. The picture of him looking at the stars with Aubrey and Nathan brought tear to my eyes. And he is always in the mood for a huge ruckus with the kids, which they all need.

Anyway, what a magnificent weekend as always. It was glorious.

Jenny said...

I too, love these pictures and this post. I thought the exact same thing about the mess...I admire that fact about you. I need to loosen up regarding messes that Anna makes; I know it's cleanable and she finds such delight in it! :)

Glad to hear your weekend was fabulous. Your kids are getting so big...I miss you guys!

Shone said...

The picture of Aubrey cracks me up! I will have to show that one to Sarah. :-)