Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Making memories on Memorial Day




First of all, I would like to say that not only did we fly a flag this Memorial Day weekend, I even attempted to teach the kids the Pledge of Allegiance. Then we saw a bald eagle fly by, rang the Liberty Bell, and ate apple pie.

The rest of the weekend was fabulous conglomeration of staying at a gorgeous lake "cabin" with our friends the Gledhills (thanks again you guys!), soaking up fabulous weather, hanging out with friends of Greg's from high school, pruning the tree that was threatening to kill Greg during each mow, and a great bbq with Doug and Marian. We had a FANTASTIC weekend, start to finish. Thanks to all our awesome friends and family that make our lives so darn marvelous.

p.s. Greg and I plotted the whole way home from Priest Lake how to get ourselves one of those cabins. Lance, is your family willing to adopt us? It was wonderful spending time with you guys and we would be willing to inherit that place if no one else is interested. :-)










3 comments:

Jenny said...

What a wonderful weekend! I'm totally jealous about your getaway with Britt and the family! It looks like it was a beautiful setting and a great time by all. I firmly believe that every weekend should be a three day weekend!

Jules said...

I second the motion on the 3-day weekend, it should be a law.

LOVED the pictures. The action picture of Dane throwing the sand was AWESOME. Loved the dandelion in Aubrey's hair and Nathan must ALWAYS have long hair. ADORABLE. And who is that studly man you're married to!!??!?!??!

Jenny said...

Greg, Dane said he's jealous of your tan. :)