Friday, May 15, 2009

Mary, Mary, quite contrary, how does your garden grow?

Welcome to your pictorial guide on how to build raised garden beds.

Two key things to note before you look at these pictures. One, my mom did a lot of work, she just also took all the pictures so you don't see the evidence.

Two, I spent most of garden making morning with Nathan at the doc, tending to him while he was diagnosed with double ear infections and pneumonia. That counts, right? (And, since you all know I can't resist an opportunity to brag, I also broke up all the sod the day before. So there.)

If you need any fresh veggies this summer hopefully our place will be the place to be.















4 comments:

Jenny said...

I love it! What a fun family project! Any buds yet?

KayLynn said...

Do you still want raspberries / blackberries, etc? If you do, my Dad said that in the next couple weeks some new shoots will be coming in & ready for transplanting. They produce in Sept-Nov, but he's looking to get some spring producing berries too (for essentially year-round berry delight). Just let me know & I'll pick some up for you.

Angela said...

my favorite pic was the one of sara in the wheelbarrow! :) Awesome pictures, looks like fun. we planted our garden today too, wish I would of thought to take some pictures! I was too busy making sure Gracie and Tyler didn't kill every plant before I got them into the ground! :-)

Jules said...

What a fun, fun day that was. Just a very awesome, wholesome, dirty (which always entails fun) enjoyable day. Is anything coming up yet? I can't wait to see it at Nathan's birthday!!!