I am here to tell you that my third birthday was my favorite. Not that I remember it but judging by how much fun our kids have turning three it must have been a riot. Nathan, aka Spiderman, was the happiest boy alive this last Saturday. He proudly rang in his third birthday with Spiderman everything, pizza and macaroni and cheese per his request, bubbly juice (our term for sparkling cider), a mound of presents, a killer Spiderman cake that I did not make, and a boat load of sugar. He asked me today if it was still his birthday. Tough lesson to learn, that birthdays come but once a year. Have no fear though, it was a memorable one. I think I love the kids' birthdays as much as they do. The sheer delight of having a whole day to honor only you is perfectly perfect. We love you so much Nathan and are thankful for everyday we get to be your mommy and daddy. Happy Birthday little man!
Sunday, after Nathan's birthday, we had a "surprise" party for my sister KayLynn. "Surprise" because she totally knew what was going on but we all pretended like she didn't. KayLynn didn't turn three but made 27 look fun nonetheless. Have I mentioned before how much I love my family??
p.s. Yes, there are an obscene number of pictures.
p.p.s. I hate to label pictures. Hopefully they are self explanatory. 


















Are your retinas bleeding yet?
Monday, June 8, 2009
It's not everyday that Spiderman turns three
Posted by Sara Jones at 7:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Boo hoo, I am even more BUMMED that I missed all that. What an awesome family you have. I LOVED all the heartwarming pictures. You guys rock, seriously when are you coming to visit!?! Happy Birthday Nathan, you cool spiderman you! What a stud.
What a wonderful day and weekend you got to spend with your family. Yes, family is the best and you've got some great peeps in yours! :) I loved the pictures, it made me miss you guys a lot. I hate that we live so far away. Happy birthday to the big boy!
Shockingly it was another fabulous weekend celebrating TWO birthdays. Life is good. AND, Matt and Lianna will be HOME in SIXTEEN DAYS!!!!!!!!! Seriously, how could I be a happier mama and granny?
I forgot to mention that I love your new picture in the heading...your dress is adorable!! And Aubrey's is darling as well. :) By the way...those boys look just like you. I see so much of you in Nathan, especially is some of the pictures you posted. Adorable!
YES! Nathan is definitely his mama's boy. Just like Aubrey is her daddy's girl. Dane is a mixture I think. Hannah thinks he too is a spitting image of Greg but he's not as much as Aubrey is.
I also, really like your new header picture. My question is how the heck do you always get such good family photos? It takes a miracle for us!
Post a Comment