Monday, June 29, 2009

A lil' of this, a lil' of that

Missed me, didn't you? You didn't realize what it was like to have to go so long between blog posts, huh? Tough, I have to wait a LONG time on some of you so this was a taste of your own medicine. Summer vacations make lazy bloggers.

We returned from the annual Stephenson Family (Greg's mom's side of the family) camp out. It was three days of perfect weather, terribly delicious eating, and great family. Greg really has a wonderful family. They are reverent and irreverent, pop drinking and whiskey drinking, hilarious and unintentionally hilarious, hard working family people. I love them. There are millions of children, most of them blond boys under 3 1/2 feet tall and there is never a quiet, tranquil moment. Just right for a not quiet, not tranquil family.

All of this fun was preceded by Greg's sister Julie and her son Jonny spending the week in Spokane. It was great hanging out and doing normal things with them. We hung out for a day, had lunch, Julie went to lunch with Greg, she came to Aubrey's gymnastics and Nathan's t-ball, and we all got some much needed Jonny time. She is hoping, as are we, to make it an annual event.

We got home just in time to wash every shred of clothing we own and repack for the Montgomery Family vacation to Seaside. We'll be gone for 9 days so once again you will have to live without my blog. I'm sure I'll have a picture or story to share when we get home. Now, for some pictures of the festivities.


All this way to go camping and all we want to do is play in Dane's playpen.
Mom, I'm busy playing, no time for pictures.
The big boys took all the water guns. I will just have to stand here and look cute.
My new favorite looks is this boy in a baseball hat. His curls rock my world.
That man sure knows how to shake those hips!
This mud puddle rocks!
Aubrey and Nora, being the cutest of friends.
Julie and Jonny. Jonny feasting on Julie's glasses.
My favorite part of the water is throwing the rocks. Catch Mom!
She takes after her daddy.
Greg introduced the fam to speed chess and it was a hit.

And now, a parting story. As you know, I do love a good story.

Once upon a time Greg was put in charge of watching his three darling offspring. His lovely wife was busy preparing food for the Saturday night potluck that was about to commence. Sara, the innocent preparer of food, was not only bringing a salad, but also a batch of her world famous "Bad News Brownies" that are an annual tradition and much requested treat. As she busied herself with her culinary chores, Greg "watched" the children by allowing them to roam free in the van while he read a guitar magazine. Suddenly, Greg emitted a gasp and an, "OH NO DANE!" while Sara wheeled about in anticipation of blood. Worse. CHOCOLATE. EVERYWHERE. Dane, grinning like a wild man, had feasted upon the brownies in a spree of sinful indulgence. The brownies, now a smashed mess, were no longer presentable. Nathan peered around the seat, all innocence, as a smear of chocolate on his face and hands told the real story. Sara did what any normal mother would do. She took pictures and managed to polish off all the brownie remains with Greg the following morning.



The story had an auspicious start but a very happy ending.

Happy week to you!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Yay! There you are! I was starting to go through withdrawls...although I can't talk, shamefully, I think I am one of the ones you spoke of that goes a LONG time in between posts.

What a fun campout you had!! I love all the pictures, stories and the idea that we have another lover of bad news browies. :) Who can blame the little guy though, the things are heavenly. I made them for work once and they were devoured. I love the fact that you didn't freak out, instead, you joined in! What a cool mom you are.

Jenny said...

OH! I forgot to mention Nathan's curls...my oh my. Those are going to get him in trouble later in life! Seriously adorable.

Jules said...

Thanks to Dane you didn't have to share the Brownies. GOOD BOY Dane! :) I loved that picture, he looked so smug.

All the pictures were great and that Greg has moves that are just incredible doesn't he.

Now, ON TO SEASIDE!!!!

Angela said...

Great camping pictures! Love the brownie story! Now, Nathan and those curls...you know how I feel about boys and long hair, but his hair is AWESOME and absolutely ADORABLE! He is one cute kid. Have a wonderful time in Seaside! Hello to your family from me!