Thursday, July 2, 2009

A philosophical discussion

If you sneak one of the chocolate bars you packed for s'mores on your vacation but nobody else sees you do it, did you actually eat it?

If, after grossly over packing for the camping trip, you reign yourself WAY IN because you know your upcoming destination has a washer and dryer, what is the likelihood that the washer and dryer will break?

How come, even though I do my darndest to be tough and nonchalant about spiders, my daughter screamed and cried when a daddy long leg mistook her hand for a chair? (I would have screamed and cried myself but that's beside the point.)

What are the chances that our new five year old neighbor kid is going to break his neck on our property because he parents are NEVER WATCHING HIM???

What if you sneak a second chocolate bar and still no one sees you? What then??!

Enjoy the 4th of July break and send me sunny thought as we hit the road!

4 comments:

Jules said...

OF COURSE it doesn't count if you eat chocolate and nobody sees just like it doesn't count if you eat a big wedge of cake, little bite by little bite, right out of the pan and never actually put it on a plate.

And Aubrey screamed over the Daddy Long Leg because it's a perfectly natural reaction. Are you kidding me? They are creepy and disgusting and I'm nearly ready to do the heebie-jeebie dance just thinking about it. Gross, gross, gross.

Also, just because our Seaside house has a washing machine it doesn't cause my white shirt to become my blue shirt or my blue shirt to become by striped shirt or my striped shirt to become my black shirt or my black shirt to become my "Lucky" shirt or my "Lucky" shirt to become my new DKNY sweater, etc., etc., etc. and they are all critical no matter what your father says.

Plus, some days there are going to be warm, some REALLY cold (we've checked) and some in-between which means I need long jeans, medium-length jeans, capris and short and I have to bring both my skinny ones and fat ones because I'll start out in the skinny ones and end up in the fat ones. Men don't understand packing. Your father does not get for a second why I need my BIG duffle bag. However, the fact that he is bringing a guitar, bongo drums, massive kites, his Rock crawler and a keyboard had I not told him this WOULD be the last anniversary we were celebrating if he brought a keyboard (which if I remind you he'd have to buy first) seems completely reasonable and rational to him. I'm sure he's going to try and smuggle a Geisha in to the van as well. Me? I'm going to buy a puppy and make him hold it the whole way there. AND it's going to be a sissy puppy like a chihuahua.

Jules said...

One last thing, go over to your neighbor's house before you leave, you know, the ones who let a five year old run around the neighborhood without any supervision and kick them. Then sue them because you hurt your toes. I hate irresponsible people.

Carrie McCoy said...

I love Julie! :-)

Jenny said...

I agree...thanks for the laugh Julie. I don't know where you come up this stuff, but I love it! Hope you all have a great family vacation!