Monday, July 27, 2009

Will blog for money?

I wish I was announcing that I was changing my blog up to support a charity or promote a new amusement park at MJ's Neverland ranch. In truth, I'm hoping to switch things up a bit and make some cash. You know, for groceries and Starbucks.

This idea is egotistical. At its heart it presumes that I will be so wildly witty, charming, and inspirational that perfect strangers will want to read about what I do. Which is cook and change diapers and play at the park. Once my cooking, diaper changing, playing at the park readership grows into the hundreds of thousands, advertisers will beg me to accept their millions and allow them to advertise on my blog. I will accept, I will continue to write, and I will be filthy rich. Badda bing, badda boom. It's so easy I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner.

This blog will be under construction for a while but one of the first changes I'm going to make is to blog more. You know, so the above said readership has lots of opportunities to be fascinated by me. The appearance is going to change but hopefully the tone and posts will stay the same. I'm looking to just be me, maybe a slightly funnier version of me, and be faithful to my family and my values.

SO, come back, come often, make me a link on your blog, and watch for the cool changes to come.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Love what you've done with the place. :) I hope you make millions...I know I am always thoroughly entertained with what you have to say.

Can I just say I love the dimpley bum at the top of your page now...adorable.

Jules said...

I guess I don't really get the new format thing but I suppose I'll see once it's done.

Angela said...

YOU GO GIRL, I know I enjoy every one of your posts and I am sure millions of others will too!

tara said...

Don't forget about us when you become fabulously rich and famous! ;-) I'm behind you 100%.
I'll keep watching to see if you change your blog name and I'll update the link from my site. That's about all the advertising I can offer you at the moment, but I'll keep a lookout for more opportunities.

Erin said...

Totally possible! I read a few blogs that have thousands of readers and hundreds of thousands of views...and you are definitely wity enough to be that popular! :)