Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Not my kids!

Inspired by one of my favorite mommy blogs (www.mycharmingkids.net), I am giving you a tongue in cheek post about activities my kiddos would NEVER do. You know, never. Because they are perfect and so am I.

This little boy would NEVER be so addicted to his binky (what he calls his "num nums") that he would insist on falling asleep not only with one in his mouth but with one clenched tightly in each fist.
This little boy would NEVER yell down to me that he needs wiped after pottying, only for me to find him sitting, bare butt, on my bathroom counter.
This little girl would NEVER tell you that she doesn't like to hug people face to face because "everybody's breath stinks."
This little boy would NEVER, as soon as seeing his siblings quietly engaged in a fun activity, run to them and throw himself, limp bodied, across them and their project until they squeal in frustration.
This little boy would NEVER spend a full 45 minutes tantruming at his sister's gymnastics class because his mom insisted he pick up a toy he threw across the room. (If this had happened, his mom would have courteously taken him outside while he screamed and she would indeed have won that battle!)
This nearly five year old would NEVER have wailed from her bedroom, after discovering that her favorite dress was in the wash, "MOMMY, I just don't have any clothes to wear!"


(Don't you like how I was tricky and snuck in a few more beach pictures too? What did I say, not only are we a perfect family, but clever as well.)

2 comments:

Jules said...

Your kids are perfect angels just like mine were and I was also the perfect mother. I never lost my temper, never bribed, never threatened and ALWAYS followed through. I'm glad I passed all those qualities on to you and your kids.

One more thing, although I recognize most of the Seaside pictures I don't recognize them all. Who was your other source? Was it David?

tara said...

Love the "tongue in cheek" quips!