Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Conquering Mt. Seaside photos

A back story. My camera is dead. Between a watery mishap and sand permanently stuck in the lens, it will no longer do anything. Therefore, my mom took nearly all the pictures from Seaside. (She took almost 700 photos, no joke.) She then graciously passed about 200 of them onto me and my sibs. Which I then had to transfer to my I-Photo program. And then decide which ones were blog worthy. This has been no small task and I've literally been dreading it. How many cute pictures of Aubrey in hats should I include? Dane rolling around in the sand? Nathan exploring Ecola Beach? The boys? The sisters? The parents? Kissing couples? Charming nieces? Good grief. Finally I decided you get what you get and you don't throw a fit! So, if there aren't enough pictures here, or way too many, tough. You get what you get and you don't throw a fit! (Thanks to Shone for that magnificent phrase by the way.)

p.s. You're lucky, or unlucky, however you look at it. Blogger was super fast tonight and I uploaded one million photos. Cheers!

Aubrey, claiming Ecola beach for herself.
Me and my man
Is that Wayne or Joe Montana? (Beach football/frisbee were constant happenings with the boys.)
One of MANY carousel rides.
Nathan, wet and ready to hurl his frisbee at the least suspecting person.
Happy 1st Anniversary Matt and Lianna!
I know she's mine but she is so darn cute!
Jammin'! (Greg should have been in this picture, he played music with the guys nearly every night.)
Beach football getting physical

Brett and Dane, digging a whole to China
A sort of family photo of all of us at Ecola beach. (Ecola beach was AWESOME!)
Claire, also a budding musician.
Yep, I hitched a ride too.

Niece Claire and her first sand experience.
Nathan getting Uncle Matt loving after being taken down by a wave.
Brett, Hannah, and Lianna, the crazies who went ALL THE WAY into that icy water.
Hannah and Brett being cute and cozy
Dane loved the sand. He would crawl just so he didn't have to take his hands out of it.
Greg and his babies
More crazy fools getting wet. (p.s. Let's not talk about KayLynn's post baby body. Brat.)
She is our water baby. It was never too windy or cold or rainy for her to love the beach.
Nathan with the sea anenomes at Ecola beach.
Dane loved to poke the anenomes and watch them shrivel up. One may have died as the result of his delighted poking.
Aubrey and her water
All the men: Brett, Greg, Wayne (aka Dad aka Grandpa), David, and Matt
The sisters having a jolly good time.
My awesome parents
The lovely Brandon family, taking off since Claire had rendered all of her clothing a wet, sandy mess.

I left out so many really cute pictures but suffice to say that we had an amazing time.

6 comments:

Jules said...

Sara, I'm impressed that your were able to whittle the pictures down that far but you did include my favorite one of Dad. I LOVE the picture of him leaping into the air for that football. But out of my 700 pictures I pretty much loved 600 of them. That's why no matter how hard I tried I could not keep the pictures under 50 that I sent on to my friends. They are used to me though and have suffered though many thousands prior to this.

Jenny said...

I can't even comment on which was my favorite because they are all fabulous! Oh wow, what a special week for each of you...I love your family and seeing the pictures really made me miss each of you so much! I LOVE the picture of the silhouett of Greg and Dane in the sunset...that is a framer! Thanks for sharing so many pictures...your kids are gorgeous as always and you and Greg are inspiring. Love you!

Erin said...

It looks like you guys had a great time! Family vacations are so much fun...I always feel like I get to be a kid again on family vacations for some reason.

Jules said...

Jen, that picture of Greg and Dane is also one of my favorites. I don't think Sara posted it but another one that I loved was of Aubrey on the beach right after we got there. She was running back towards me and I caught the picture where neither of her feet were on the ground and her reflection showed in the sand. It is awesome. If you go to my Facebook you can see it there.

tara said...

Love it, love it, love it! Thanks for taking the time to post the pics and add comments. Looks like it was an ideal week with the whole family--it's amazing to see how much the "Montgomery" clan has grown!
Julie, may I be added to your email distribution list?! I'd love to peruse through 50+ pics!!
XOXO

Unknown said...

No way--MY camera died at Seaside, too! Two years ago. Hubs had it around his neck and had the nerve to get distracted by a little crawdad that he wanted to pick up for the boys to investigate. Salt water + digital camera = bad.