Nathan is three. He does it well. Here is a common, logical exchange that happened between us this morning.
"MOOOMMMYYY!!!!" (Unprovoked crying.) "Bu didle wab mu fy!!!!"
"What?"
Sobbing. "You didn't watch me fly!"
"I didn't know you wanted me to watch you fly. Go ahead, show me." (When your child spends hours of everyday as Spiderman, one gets used to watching him show off his flying skills.)
"NONONONONONONONO!!!!! Don't talk!!!!! Just watch me fly!!!!"
"Fine, okay."
"Don't talk!"
Silence.
"MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! WWWAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"
"NATHAN! What do you want?!? You said you didn't want me to talk so I'm not talking. Just show me how you fly!"
"STOP TALKING!"
"Nathan Paul. That. Is. Enough. You may not speak to me that way. I will stand here for five more seconds. If you do not stop throwing a fit and show me how you fly I am walking away."
Gulping sobs. "Oh tay. Just don't say anything."
He is now standing on the couch. He jumps. "To infinity, and beyond!" Beaming. "Mommy, how was that?"
"Nathan, that was very good, thank you."
"Remember, don't talk."
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Obviously
Posted by Sara Jones at 1:29 PM
Labels: kid stories, Nathan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh for the love of all that's holy. I had to read this in increments as I was laughing too hard to continue. Ya just gotta love that imp of ours!
Great idea on making some cash off your blog--I love your posts!
My first anonymous comment! Hooray! I have no idea who you are but thanks for leaving a comment. :-)
Post a Comment