Wednesday, January 9, 2008

"Come to me all who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest..."

I have always liked that verse (Matthew 11:28-30 for those who are interested) but I think Jesus might have been speaking directly to largely pregnant women.  Weary?  Check.  Burdened? Check.  Good news though?  There is an end in sight!


I am due tomorrow and we had an ultrasound and appointment today.  The ultrasound was to make a guess at size and check amniotic fluid levels.  The appointment was to establish that I may never have this baby on my own.  While ultrasounds this late in a pregnancy can be off by a pound in either direction, the baby was estimated at weighing 9 lbs. 12 oz.  Seriously.  I also have a lot of fluid, all of which equals enormous Sara.  My doc told me flat out that he didn't want me to go another week.  That is at least another half a pound of weight the baby would put on and greatly increases my risk of c-section.  Enough said.  Sign me up for an induction!

If I don't go into labor onto my own, I will be induced Sunday night.  They will do a low dose of pitocin Sunday night with the hope that by Monday morning I will be dilated to 3 and he can break my water.  (I was dilated to 2 today.)  The hope is that will be enough to kick me into labor and I can progress on my own from there.  So, unless you hear other wise, think of me come Sunday.  Let's get ready to welcome baby Trey!

2 comments:

tara said...

I'm so glad to hear the baby update. Keep your spirits high! You will do great! I'll be thinking of you all weekend and will anxiously await the news of #3's arrival.
Best of luck and lots of love.
XOXO

Larson log said...

I can't ait to see this cute baby!! Good Luck with the induction, i know you will do great!