Aubrey broke mine today. At bedtime I was feeling sentimental (last night I'll put my kids to bed as a family of four) and was snuggling with my girl. She very gently touched my face and said, "I will always be with you. Will you always be with me?" Yes, I really did cry. She is so beautiful.
Earlier, she asked me if she could wear one of my earrings. I explained that I had my ears pierced and that she didn't so they wouldn't work. She then asked if she could have her ears pierced. I told her that it was something for big girls and that besides, it hurt. She told me she was going to ask her daddy. She went downstairs and I heard her ask Greg if she could pierce her ears. He thought I had put her up to it and he started to laugh and said, "Did Mommy tell you to ask me that?" The look on her face was awful. She thought he was laughing at her, she had been serious when she asked, and her whole face crumbled. She started to cry, not obnoxious tantrum crying, but you-have-crushed-my-tender-spirit crying. We both felt terrible. We finally consoled her with the promise to look for some play clip-on earrings. Good heavens. Sometimes I think I love my kids too much. It's like walking around with your heart on the soles of your feet.
Then there was Greg. He told me he'd make me whatever I wanted for dinner tonight. That included my aunt's blueberry cream cheese french toast bake and "better than sex" cake (it really almost is). Truly, a man among men.
And Nathan, my precious boy, was his usual sweet self. Funny, wanting to "see" everything, and nuzzling my face. Man, the hormones must be running high. I'm one big drippy, weepy, sentimental mess today.
The next post should be of our new baby. Keep us in your prayers!
1 comments:
Yay!!!!! Dane's here!!! I'm so incredibly thrilled for you and your family...I can't wait to see more pictures!
Post a Comment