For those of you who don't have kids, this may be new information, but newborns sleep a lot. And many a new parent has said, "OH, he/she has the sweetest disposition, he/she hardly ever cries." Then, a few weeks later this newborn "wakes up" and suddenly they aren't so sweet anymore. Or they are. The point is that you can't judge a new baby's temperament in the first few weeks. They all sleep a lot and most seem like little angels.
Which brings me to my point. Dane is waking up. And frankly, for lack of a better word, he is generally pissed off. Maybe it's being born in freezing cold January with over a foot of snow on the ground. Maybe he knows he's the third kid and really getting jipped on the attention front. Whatever the case may be he is not proving to be a happy kid. My saving grace is that he still sleeps a lot which gives me and the other kids a reprieve. On the flip side, when he is awake, he is happy for oh, about 3 minutes of that time. And while life still is okay since he does sleep hours each day, I am terrified. I am already working hard and I'm afraid that when he's really up during the day that I'm in for it. Makes me think of that line. "Be afraid. Be very, very afraid."
Oh, and in case you haven't heard me say it yet, we are done having babies. I love the three I have but three is enough. I mean it Angela. :-)
4 comments:
Oh Sara! Aubrey needs a little sister! :-)
Sara, just hum the words to "I Will Survive" when our little angel decides he's unhappy. It doesn't work but I thought I should offer something. I love you. MOM
Sara! As much as I hate to hear this, it makes me ease my mind a bit...Anna is the same way, except her happy time lasts about 15 min. to a 1/2 hour and then it's inconsolable (unless we're holding her and moving around constantly). I've been feeling so helpless...I was actually going to call you to see if you had any suggestions, but it looks like your struggling with your own little cranky pants! :) Hang in there...they will outgrow this...right?
Hmmmm, maybe I AM glad that all my kids are grown up. Don't worry though girls, it really does get better and before you know it you'll be sad because you are empty-nesters so even enjoy the cranky stage. (Yeah right, I didn't enjoy it one little bit). Love, MOM again
Post a Comment