As I never anticipated that it would take me almost a week to get this post up, most of this news will be old to my dear blog readers. Nonetheless, it is still wonderful, blog worthy news. Our baby boy, Dane Warren, was born on Monday, January 14, at 11:59 a.m. He weighed in at 8 lbs. 8 oz. (NOT 9 lbs. 13 oz.) and was 20.5 inches long. I had a very smooth delivery, really only being in active labor for a little over four hours. I also had a delicious epidural this time around, something I didn't have with Nathan. After my experience with Dane all I could think was, why on earth wouldn't I get another one of these??? My recovery has been a piece of cake. I have felt great since the first hour after delivery and have been good since.
Friday, January 18, 2008
Dane Warren Jones
We are also happy to say that Dane's feet are not nearly as bad as we were afraid they would be. The feet themselves are perfectly formed, an excellent sign. One is turned in more than the other but neither one is terrible. They both have decent range of motion as well, another good sign. We have a consultation at Shriners next Friday and that will determine our course of action. We are confident that any corrections that need to be made are going to be minor and our little boy will be off and running in no time.
We are all adjusting as well as can be expected. Dane is such an adorable baby and has been breaking us in gently. Thank God for all the sleep newborns require! We can already tell that he has a gentle little spirit. Aubrey has taken to being a big sister again without any hesitation. She LOVES Dane, is a great helper, and doesn't seem to even notice the change in our lives. Nathan on the other hand has had a rougher time. It is a combination of a lot of change, a cold he is suffering through, and just being 19 months old. He hasn't been aggressive or mean towards Dane, just VERY out of sorts. Mommy guilt is hard on me, I just wish I could do everything for everyone. Greg assures me that Nathan will come through this no worse for the wear but in the meantime I worry about being able to give anyone the attention they really deserve. I know this feeling will ease as life gets into more of a pattern. In the meantime we'll just do the best we can and take it one day at a time.
We haven't entered real life yet because Greg is home this week and my mom is coming this week. Speaking of Greg, he is a saint. I don't know what I would have done without him this week. Cleaning, kid care, meal prep, the night shift, he has done it all. I am going to relish my help while I have it. I think we are going to be fine though. I have precious, good kids and am so thankful for another sweet, healthy, baby boy. Welcome to the family Dane!
Posted by Sara Jones at 7:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sara,
Congratulations again! He is a beautiful little boy...smaller than expected huh? I am glad to hear the good news about his feet. I look forward to hearing about your visit on Friday.
He is so so so precious! Good job mom and dad, I'm so happy for you guys. Looking forward to more pictures!
congratulations!!! What a great name! Your posts are so sweet and so real I love reading them.
Sara, Greg, and family -
Congratulations on #3! He looks precious and I know it's exciting to find his feet are better than you expected. Did I tell you I decided on OB!? Yes very exciting, so if you hold out on the next one maybe I can help !
Post a Comment