Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Camping

I have been putting this post off so that I could include pictures but being as we are having difficulties getting the pictures from the camera to the computer, I figured I'd write now, show pictures later.

So, I had thought about this blog long before we even left for camping. I envisioned stories of hellish nights, spending the days chasing kids and keeping them safe from water/fire/mosquitoes/vehicles/strange dogs, etc., and all of us coming down with some awful disease. I mean come on, when you are tent camping with an almost four year old, two year old, five month old and all sleeping in the same tent for four days and three nights it's fraught with nightmarish possibilities.

But it went well!

Truly. I can't even think of anything to exaggerate into an issue. Two of the three nights were great sleeping and the middle one was good enough. The kids had a ball. Greg and I even relaxed! Greg's family is big enough that our campsites consumed an entire loop so the kids had free reign. A kiddie pool in the middle of the loop, bikes to be rode, t-balls to play with (Nathan's new favorite two, thanks Noah), s'mores to be eaten, fun new "Cars" sleeping bags to sleep in, cool food like juice boxes and Double Stuffed Oreos and hot dogs, tons of cousins to play with, lake water to splash in, and extra adult hands to spread the kiddie work around. Heck, I'd go again!

Hopefully I'll get our camera figured out tonight so that I can post some pictures. I took over 200 so there should be something cute to see!

Oh, and a p.s. here. We bought a Bumbo Seat for Dane to use on the trip since he isn't sitting yet and we knew we'd need a place to put him. FYI, five month olds are fully capable of launching themselves out of the dumb thing. He would arch his back and scream and I kept telling Greg, "I think he can get himself out of there." Greg was unconvinced but Dane proved him wrong when he threw himself out of it, over the side, onto the grass. Bye bye Bumbo seat. I'm looking into getting the tray for it so that he can use it a bit longer. He is such a fidget britches! Learn how to sit kiddo!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Sara, I'm so relieved to hear that your trip went smoothly. I was wondering how that would all play out! It sounds like you had a blast and that the kids had a ball! I can't wait to see pictures (hint hint). :) That's funny about the Bumbo seat...Anna has never launched herself out of it, but that might have something to do wiht the fact that her thighs are so chunky, when we pick her up out of it, the seat comes with her! :) It's pretty funny, really. We really don't use it much anymore since she can sit up on her own, but I will say we did like the tray. She liked to put her toys on it to play with. Sorry the seat didn't work out too well for little Dane-o.

Angela said...

I too am glad that your camping trip was a success. You almost have me convinced to try camping and I don't camp! :)