Hey there readers. I want to redirect you all, again, to another blog off of my page. It is my cousin Trina's site and she is in the business of making bags. Check them out, she really has a great eye for fabrics and I can vouch for the fact that she does a good job. Plus, her most popular bag is called "Shaine" which I cannot resist since it is my daughter's middle name. (Who happens to be named after Jarali Shaine, Trina's sister.) Anyways, take a look, I think she has some great stuff.
Second thing. This morning I packed up all three of my kids and took them to a movie in an actual theater. I went by myself with all of them. Honor me.
Our valley theater shows free kids movies every Tuesday and Wednesday at 10 a.m. I chose "Charlotte's Web" because the kids love it and it's safe. Nothing scary and nothing unexpected being as they have seen it before. I fell in love with my children all over again today because they LOVED IT. They both beamed while we stood in line for our popcorn and I was an over flowing mom of happiness as they exclaimed in excitement about everything, from the advertising posters to the popcorn to the cool seats (they barely weighed enough to keep them down) to the BIG BIG SCREEN! They were angels. They sat, ate their popcorn, giggled, said, "LOOK AT THAT MOMMY!" a hundred times, and took turns sitting on my lap. Where was Dane you ask? After nursing him shortly after the movie started I put him in his stroller, rocked it with my foot, and he slept in there THE ENTIRE LENGTH OF THE MOVIE. It was a miracle. We had a great time, I can't wait to do it again. If you have a Regal theater in your area, check it out. They do this all over the state. A person needs mornings like this to remind them that the work of parenting is so worth it. You are watching the world come alive again through someone else's eyes and it is magic.
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Shameless plug
Posted by Sara Jones at 3:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sara, you are superwoman! Just the fact that you had the courage to try, impresses me. I'm so glad that the two older kids were so great for you...it sounds like you all had a wonderful time. And holy smokes, I can't believe your luck with Dane sleeping through the whole movie. I'll give you $5 if that happens again. :)
By the way, I had already checked out Trina's site and I LOVE her bags...I would love to see some other ideas or bags that she has made. Once I don't need a "diaper bag" anymore, I would love to find a cute bigger bag that I can use for my stuff plus kid stuff as well. I think one of her bags would be perfect!
Just a comment to Jenny's comment. : ) I used that Shaine bag for my diaper bag with Tyler so it can be done. ; )
Sara,
This is just what I needed to read this morning! Grace slept like garbage last night and I am drinking my coffee with my eyes half open but after reading this I have a smile on my face. Thank you! And...WHY don't we live in the same town so we can attempt something like this together? Can you imagine 6 little kids, the oldest 4! :) I am so VERY impressed that A) you attempted this solo and B) it went so very very well. Congrats you superstar Mom you!!! love ya!
Post a Comment