This picture was taken two months ago but I just came across it and thought it was cute. Three to one, Greg's odds at management don't look too good!
4th of July Aubrey. And yes, I do occasionally comb her hair. It's just that no matter what it's crazy again 30 minutes later.
All set to watch "The Incredibles" at Movie in the Park night.
That's the new song I taught the kids in honor of the 4th. Aubrey "plays" it so beautifully on the piano, while accompanying it with her lovely soprano. It is truly a musical experience to behold.
We had a lovely weekend. Friday the 4th was Matt's bachelor party (SIX DAYS UNTIL THE WEDDING!) and Greg spent the day with a bunch of guys, doing guy stuff like golf and go carts and having a beer. KayLynn's husband David was with them so spent the day with me and the kiddos. We made 4th of July cake, played outside, had a good old American dinner, and after Greg got home, watched the local fireworks from our front lawn. Aubrey was the only kid to stay up that late and she was deeply impressed by the sight of the fireworks and as equally unimpressed by the sound of the fire crackers some local kids were putting off. She spent most of the show huddled on my lap, ears covered, shouting loudly, "I do NOT like that sound!"
Saturday we did family things like errands and house management (a.k.a. Nathan has run out of underwear so somebody please do the laundry. I hate potty training but that's a story for another day.). We also went to dinner where our children must have been bewitched they were so good. Then yesterday evening KayLynn and David came over and put Dane to bed while we walked to our local park with the other two and kicked off summer with "Movies in the Park." Out park shows movie on a big screen with concessions and public restrooms and all the goodies that make it feel like a drive in. The movie was "The Incredibles" and the kids were in heaven. I was in heaven too because it felt just like when my parents took us to the drive in as kids. I had the homemade popcorn and all! That's what the attached pictures are from.
Today was very low key. I did a few errands in the afternoon while the kids napped, we had hotdogs and hamburgers AGAIN, did some house work, read books, managed the massive knot on Nathan's head compliments of his head meeting his wooden bed at high velocity (a pretty accessory he can wear in the wedding), and other normal family stuff. It was a really wonderful weekend.
I hope you all had a great 4th of July weekend and took a moment to say thanks for living in the USA. I especially think that when I look at my girl. There are so many places on this earth where the lives of women are pretty bleak. I'm so thankful that I, and my Aubrey, live in a place like America. Of course I'm grateful for all my men being Americans too but you know what I mean.
HAPPY 4th of JULY!
Sunday, July 6, 2008
This land is your land, this land is my land...
Posted by Sara Jones at 8:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Oh so darling! That movie looked like a blast. For sure something we should do in the future! Glad you had such a nice 4th. As always, I love the pictures of the adorable kids!!!!!
Post a Comment