I got up at 6:00 a.m.
Got ready, made breakfast, got our stuff together.
Took Aubrey to her FIRST DAY OF PRESCHOOL!!!! (It went awesome. Another story for another post.)
Went straight to Bible Study with the boys.
Picked up Aubrey from her FIRST DAY OF AWESOME SCHOOL!
Came home, had lunch.
While I-chatting my mom watched Dane fall off a toy and BREAK BOTH BONES IN HIS ARM.
Yep, you read that right.
Spent the next seven hours in the E.R., getting x-rays, splint, closed reduction-put-our-baby-boy-under-anesthesia to realign the bones in his arm, through post-op, a new splint, some Tylenol with codeine, and finally home. Felt like a craptastic mom and felt rotten for our little man who was a trooper through it all.
Dane came home and ate 3 pancakes without breathing since he hadn't been allowed to eat all day.
Came home to find that my AMAZING friend Megan, who watched Aubrey and Nathan at a moments notice so I could take Dane in, had cleaned my whole kitchen while I was out.
Collapsed into bed.
TOP THAT!
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
What did you do today??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Not EVEN going to try. WOWZERS. I really want to pick him up and gently hug him! :) We are all praying for a speedy recovery!!!!
Sara, I heard through your Mom. How HORRIFYING! I'm so glad to hear that all is okay and that he was such a trooper. Poor little Doodle! Give him lots of hugs and kisses from us...he's in our prayers.
p.s. I'm so happy to hear that Aubrey loves preschool!!
Poor guy! I can't believe he was able to break both bones in his arm! That is pretty talented!
Are you hanging in there okay?
Keep us update on his progress.
Sucky, sucky, sucky. Sorry, sorry, sorry
I have to say, I'm still a bit scarred by that "little" mishap. I can't wait to put the squeeze on the little bugger. I don't know that I'll ever have a more eventful iChat!
But on to happier things, I am just thrilled how enthused Aubrey was about her school. She just exuded happiness from every pore.
I'll call later to see how the Doodle man is doing.
By the way, I don't know if Megan ever reads your blog but will you tell her how awesome I think she is too. That girl always goes above and beyond the call of duty in the friend department. I can't tell you how many times WE'VE been so grateful to her for always being willing to help at a moments notice and then ALWAYS going that extra mile (or should I say hundred miles). She is truly a true friend!
Um...I thought I was going to have you topped b/c I was up at 5am to play b-ball at 6am. Then I read about the rest of the day in which you took it to me. Travis: Hanging around house. Sara: Kids to school, bible study, ER! So you are the undisputed champion of doing things for that day.
In other news, please give your husband a high-five for me.
Finally, good decision on making the blog public. I am officially an RSS subscriber.
Hi Sara, I hope everything is going better for you. Give Dane big Hugs from us and tell him to be careful and take care of his arm. Big Hugs for you!!!
Post a Comment