Thursday, September 24, 2009

"Nathan, this is the picture I drew at preschool today."

"Oooh Aubrey, I like it. Did you draw my name?"

"Yes, here. And I drew you right here. See, in the house?"

"Oh, I like being in the house."

"No you don't. I drew you in the house because you hit me."

"I DIDN'T HIT YOU!"

"Yes you did. Hard."

"AAAAUUUUUUUUUUUBBBBBRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! I DIDN'T HIT YOU!!!!!'

"Yes you did."

"Mommy, I didn't hit Aubrey!!!"

"Aubrey, stop bugging him. Nathan, she's just pretending you did in the picture. Aubrey, can you think of something nicer to draw next time?"

Aubrey, calm and matter of fact, "No."

"MMMMMMOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!"

2 comments:

Jules said...

This may very well be the funniest thing I've read in my life. Both Dad and I had tears dripping down our faces. Seriously as funny as funny gets.

Jenny said...

This is hilarious Sara. I can just picture Aubrey being very matter of fact with Nathan, and that just pissing him off. :)

Also, I've been meaning to comment on little Dane's arm update. I'm sorry it wasn't better news at the doctor. Knowing how busy a 20 month old can be, I don't envy your situation of trying to corral him. We're praying that it all turns out okay!