Once upon a time Sara's husband got up in the morning, hooked his work computer up to their wireless internet, and managed to reset a bunch of things. (No, I don't know what.) Fixing it would be quick but it would require moving our computer downstairs to where the modem and router are located. "I'll do it after work honey, honest."
DAYS AND DAYS AND DAYS later Sara remained internetless. She grew frustrated that she didn't know how to fix it herself and more and more isolated from the greater world. She slipped into the deep vacuum that is life without the world wide web. People forgot who she was. She spent her evenings wandering the house, searching for something to fill the vacant time. The isolation and despair were immeasurable.
Then, one fine Saturday morning her husband got up, spent a few minutes fiddling around downstairs, and TADA, the internet was restored. All that suffering had such a simple fix, like a splinter, festering for days, when pulling it out took but a moment. Still, forgiveness and harmony are restored once again in the Jones' household because SARA HAS HER INTERNET BACK. Oh, the sweet relief.
The end.
Saturday, October 3, 2009
A horror story
Posted by Sara Jones at 8:49 PM
Labels: internet down
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Oh my word, I love reading your blogs. They always bring a little humor for the day.
I wondered what happened to you. Honestly, I was going to call tomorrow morning if I hadn't heard anything. Glad you're up and running. 6 days!
Oh--so did you get my email about the clothes?
Hmmmmm, I can't figure out where you got your flair for the dramatics. It must be from your father's side.
Yay! You're back!
I was wondering what was up! I was like...hmmm, Sara has posted in FOREVER! Glad all is well again. :)
This TOTALLY sounds like myself with Sam. If something "technical" breaks, and he "takes his time to fix it," it makes me want to call someone to come fix it, but that would not be acceptable since that is his forte. You don't want to step on their feet, but you also want something done in a timely matter. I know the feeling!
Post a Comment